Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday Challenge

Hi there, blog friends! I'm playing along with a 'new to me' challenge at The Cat's Pajamas. My sweet friend Michele gifted me with some of TCP lovely die cuts and I chose to play with the butterflies ~


I ink blended the butterflies with Salty Ocean and Twisted Citron DI's, and in retrospect, I wish I had added wire antennae to each butterfly, but I thought of it after they were glued down. Next, I shaped the embossed sentiment to mimic the stitched scalloped border and added the striped papers for contrast. A few sparkly gems and this card was done and dusted :)


Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies
Stamps: PTI - Keep it Simple: Friendship
Dies: The Cat's Pajamas - Butterfly Trio; MFT - Stitched Scalloped Border Edges 2
Ink: Versamark; TH Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron
Misc: WOW - Superfine Gold EP; Lucy's Gems - Ice Cube Mix; MFT - B&W Stripes Paper Pack




12 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Barbara and the design is stunning. The butterflies are perfect without their antennae and I love your colour choices.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! i LOVE the lovely butterflies you used!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful colors on your butterflies, Barb. They don't need antennae. Lovely card.

Dawn T said...

so pretty Barb. The butterflies are gorgeous

Betty said...

the b & w stripes are perfect with those pretty butterflies - lovely card, Barb.

Anita in France said...

Delicate and lovely, Barb ... the contrast of those beautifully sponged butterflies with the black and white stripes is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

You've created butterflies I'd gladly welcome into my garden, Barb!
=]

lostinpaper said...

These butterlies are stunning and so is your card Barb!

Marge said...

This is so pretty, Barb! Love the layout and the butterflies with embellishment. Inspiring card!♡

Bobby said...

Those colorful butterflies look wonderful with the scalloped panel and striped 'skirt'. Barb.

Karren said...

Beautiful! I love me some black and white stripes :) And those butterflies are so pretty!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the black with the colorful butterflies. A gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge. We hope to see you here again.