Monday, April 3, 2017

Darnell’s 2nd Annual April Fool’s Boo Boo Hop




What's a Boo Boo Hop? It's about those mistakes we make on a project and usually don't realize it until it's too late to fix it! Here is a card I created in March 2013:


Suffice it to say I was really tired when I created this card. I was CASEing a card by Debby Hughes and I was supposed to place patterned paper behind the cloud aperture, but most importantly my raindrops are UPSIDE DOWN!!! How could I stamp 3 rows of raindrops and never notice? And, please don't even look at the horrific lighting from my old light box...Yikes! Thankfully, my sweet Flickr friends were kind enough to leave some love for me anyway :)

Darnell's Challenge is so much fun...in fact, if you don't have a card with a mistake, you are welcome to submit one using a new product (NBUS).

Well, that's it for me today...I hope you have some time to stop by Darnell's Blog and check out all the fun cards ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,









11 comments:

oldpunca said...

It is a bit of creativ freedom by this upside-down raindrops. :-) I like your boo-boo card.

Betty said...

how funny Barb - and at first i didn't see that the raindrops were upside down! i usually throw my mistakes away or don't finish them - i do have some new stuff i could submit tho if i ever get around to using it!!

lostinpaper said...

Nothing like an upside down raindrop (we could have used some of those here last week... major flooding and declared a Natural Disaster zone, although we are lucky here as we are on a hill, many weren't so. Upside down raindrops would have been perfect lol)

Darnell said...

Um, Barb, hello! I'm over here wildly raising my hand as being one of those people who could stamp three rows of raindrops upside down cuz I looked and looked before I read the post and I could NOT figure out what was wrong with your cute card, lol!! (And BTW can we all just stand for a minute and applaud Barb for being able to STAMP THREE ROWS of raindrops in any direction without smoodging any of them?!!!!!!!!!) Thank you for being a good sport and sharing with us - and spreading the word!! Love ya, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

ya if you hadn't told me the drops were upside down...I would not have noticed. lol.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This certainly sounds like something I would do. I remember one time I stamped a swimming fish upside down and took a photo of it and then plopped it in an envelope and stuck it in the mail. When I added the photo to my computer that was when I realized what I had done. LOL

Kay Miller said...

Oh Barb, I am sorry, but that is SO funny!! The card is actually very cute, but yes, upside down raindrops! haha!! Too good! You would not believe the number of my cards that end up in the trash! At least you saved this one :)

Karren said...

Ha! This is quite funny but honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the raindrops were upside down if you hadn't said. Still a fabulous card!

TaeEun said...

You made me laugh with your card, Barb! Actually I thought first "what's wrong with this card ???",till I read about upside down raindrops! So funny, but a fabulous CAS creation!!!

Anita in France said...

Oh this is so fun, Barb ... it's deliciously CAS too ... yep, done upside down stuff so many times ... you're not alone!!! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Upside down has happened more times than I care to count on my cards...not to mention placing panels on backwards! Your card is sweet; a reminder that boo-boos can be as day-brightening as our more 'accomplished' pieces! Your raindrops make me smile...it's like the flowers are deflecting the rain back to the clouds, hoping to push them away and let the sun shine!
Hugs~c