Friday, November 18, 2016

CAS Watercolor November Challenge; Virginia's View Challenge - Stripes & Plaid


Hello again, Blog Friends! I finally finished my cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive, and thought I would jump into a few challenges before the doors close ~


This month, the CAS Watercolor Challenge theme is to use text on our card (other than the sentiment). Here is my card:


I was eager to include the copper butterfly (a gift from my sweet friend, Loll), and embossed the text, sentiment and flourish with copper embossing powder. I also watercolored the background with Peerless Watercolors, and created the aperture with my new MFT frame dies. A stitched border to finish it off, and that was it!
The French Script is an old unmarked stamp, and the PTI flourish is not listed in the store at this time, so they are not included in the Inlinkz below.

********************


Last month I missed the deadline, and I'm getting in right under the wire for Virginia's View Challenge. The theme is stripes and plaid, and I couldn't be happier to use some of my PTI striped papers for this card:


I used another new MFT die to create the angle on this card, and watercolored the flower and leaves from my favorite Winnie & Walter stamp set.

That's it for me today...I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start! Thanks so much for stopping by ~











17 comments:

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Barb - both look like winners to me!!

lostinpaper said...

I can see why you wanted to use the copper butterfly, it has made your card shine Barb!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Barb. You cards are always so creative and fresh. I LOVE your CAS style! The soft blue background with script is a great place for the butterfly to land. Adding the copper heat embossed flourish is just perfect ... it looks like it's part of the copper die-cut! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. xx

Cindy C. said...

Both card so beautiful Barb!!

nancy littrell said...

Love both your cards, Barb. TFS your beautiful text and copper butterfly card. So pleased you could join us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs, Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

LOve those gorgeous stripes, Barb - and your beautifully colored bloom surely makes me smile! Perfect timing!
That copper embossing powder with Loll's wonderful butterfly ... gorgeous cards, my friend!
=]

Joyce said...

Two beautiful cards. I especially love that pretty pink flower set against the black and white stripes.

Cat Craig said...

Love both cards, and I am waiting on that MFT set with the angled edge...its on its way hopefully Monday.

Kay Miller said...

Both so amazing Barb! I love how you created the backdrop for the beautiful copper butterfly on the first one! So pretty! And the the striped paper looks so chic with the bright pink flower on the second! Lovely work!!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb! That copper butterfly is beautiful and I particularly love the stripes with that fabulous flower on your second card.

Bonnie said...

Your copper butterfly is so pretty against this soft watercolor background, Barb! I love how you've embossed the script and sentiment in the copper to pull it all together! And the second card is so striking with the black and white stripes with that gorgeous pink flower! Love that great layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

TK said...

Wow! Two beautiful cards, Barb! Love the copper and teal of the first, and that flower on the second is just GORGEOUS!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb. The blue watercoloring makes that wonderful copper butterfly stand out. I keep forgetting about those W&W flowers but yours is so beautiful I'll have to get mine out and give it a try. It's fabulous with the scalloped border and striped paper.

Virginia L. said...

I adore those angled stripey lines! Your floral card has a touch of elegance and sophistication to it! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Stripes & Plaid” Challenge! FABULOUS entry, Barb!

Anita in France said...

A beautiful bloom, Barb, so pretty with the scalloped edging ... and what a gorgeous copper butterfly, it's so subtly shimmery against that delicious aqua scripty background! Hugs, Anita :)

TaeEun said...

Two lovely cards in soft colors, Barb! I'm surprised about that copper and aqua go so well together! Very nice color combination! The second card looks so chic with that black stripes! Have a wonderful weekend!

cm said...

Swooning over your copper butterfly nestled atop the pretty water-coloured background! Gorgeous! Your pink bloom, paired with the scalloped edge and stripes...so striking! Definitely smiling!
hugs~c