Saturday, November 8, 2014

You Are Fabulous

Hi everyone,
I know we all get excited when we get a package of goodies in the mail, but I have to tell you...I got REALLY excited when I received this package from Stamplorations! I ordered a stamp designed by 'Shirley' of  Shirley-Bee called 'City Girl - The Bee's Knees', and I just couldn't wait to ink it up and get out my Copic markers! 



I think she really IS Fabulous! So many beautiful details on this image and easy to color or paper piece...I think Shirley really did an amazing job creating this set! And, she has another stamp set in her line called 'Rosebuds', which is also a beautiful set! I colored her trench coat with a few red Copic markers and her belt (C1, C3, C5) and stockings (C1, C3) and added some Wink of Stella to her stockings for some sparkle. Lastly, I coated her sunglasses with Glossy Accents, and added a strip of silver foil cardstock along the side. Here is a close-up:



I think this would be a great card for my step-granddaughter, who is in college. Next thing you know she'll be asking for that trench coat, but that's another story :)

Well, thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are all having a great weekend ~




16 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this Barb!! She IS looking fabulous in that red coat. Love the sparkle of her stockings! :) Loll xx PS ... love your new signature! :)

shirley-bee said...

Oh, wow, Barb! I love this! Of course ;) She definitely suits red, with sparkly stockings.

cm said...

A gorgeous rendition of Shirley's image, that I know your step-granddaughter will adore, as do I. About that trenchcoat...I'll take one, too, please. In fact, the entire outfit is calling my name (need to work on the curly hair, though). Wonderful card, Barb!
~c

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!! :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh Barb that really is a neat image! It looks like it would be fun to color and you sure did a beautiful job! You know she reminds me of the ladies on the Simplicity patterns that my Mom used to use when I was a kid :) Beautiful beautiful card! ((Hugs))

Anita in France said...

So cool and stylish, Barb ... those sparkly stockings are just fabulous ... perfect with that brilliant red coat! Anita :)

Unknown said...

Barb!!!! This card is so chic and fabulous!!!! You did an amazing job on her. I am just in awe of people who can color with Copic. I struggle and rarely like what I do. ;) Great job!!!!

Sarah G said...

Love this, Barb! She is very sassy :) Love the sketchy feel of Shirley's design and the red coat really pops!

lostinpaper said...

Isn't she fabulous, love the bright red trench!

Cat Craig said...

Love it! Love those bold reds too! Great card Barb, so fun to see your excitement.

Joyce said...

Wonderfully colored, and such a fun and sassy image.

Lee-Anne said...

Ooh, love what you did with Shirley's stamp set, Barb. Just got mine and itching to get it inky :)

Rosemary said...

cool card, barb!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous! I love the red and added Wink of Stella stocking together! Love it!

Kelly Latevola said...

You created a stunning lady in red Barb! I love the sparkly stockings!!

Deepti said...

Beauty yet again, red looks awesome and bold!!