Monday, May 19, 2014

With a Grateful Heart

Hi everyone,
Things are finally settling down for me, and even though I don’t have a water colored card to share (yet), I'm still a 'Challenge Junkie’, and have to get my projects in before the deadline!
So, I have a card to share for 4 challenges: Addicted to Stamps, which is a 'Photo inspiration', Addicted to CAS, for the theme ‘Off the Edge’, Less is More for the theme 'Flowers', and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the theme 'Die Crazy'.





I took out my PTI set, Birds & Blooms, stamped and die cut the branch, bird and nest; then with my Lawn Fawn ‘Penelope’s Blossoms’ set, I stamped and die cut the flowers. The pink and white striped panel along the side is Washi tape, and I used Delicata Gold ink for the bird nest and sentiment...love the shimmer of this ink! The heart was die cut in gold foil, but looks really dark on my screen...so frustrating! Here is a close up before I clicked 'auto adjust' on PicMonkey:




Well, that’s it for me...CAS with a ‘feminine’ twist! I hope everyone’s week is off to a great start ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb






Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Birds & Blooms; Lawn Fawn - Penelope’s Blossoms
Ink: Hero Arts - Bubble Gum, Green Hills; Delicata Golden Glitz; Simon Says Stamp - Audrey Blue
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White; DCWV - Gold Foil Cardstock
Die: Papertrey Ink - Birds & Blooms; Lawn Fawn - Penelope’s Blossoms


20 comments:

Barb said...

Wonderful design, Barb! The stripes along the side are such a lovely addition to this gorgeous card and the gold sentiment looks beautiful!

Betty said...

beautiful Barb - and you got in all 4 challenges so well - I too love the striped edge and the gold!!

Darnell said...

This is so sweet and adorable, Barb! I love that sediment and the font style they used in making it. You're right, that looks like a great gold powder, even on the monitor which is never as good as IRL. Once again, great job on the challenges!! I appreciate that you joined the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so sophisticated and beautiful, Barb! I really love that sentiment and your gorgeous layout!!

Hannelie said...

I linked up right behind you at ATCAS!
What a fresh and clean design Barb! You can almost smell the flowers and hear the bird sing a happy song!

Dawn T said...

I really love your card Barb.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply gorgeous Barb, beautiful layout and colours and it's always satisfying when challenges all come together.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Jean said...

Lovely card! Great additions!

I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of the challenges!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! So elegant!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Deepti said...

This is beautiful, lovely colors and design. I love the addition of the panel on the side :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS n ATSM!!

LauraJane:) said...

The added flowers from Penelope’s Blossoms is just the perfect touch to this card.

Rosemary said...

clean, simple, but oh so gorgeous!!

Cat Craig said...

Barb, this is so clean and pretty. Love that design.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb what a super card, I love the delicate flowers and that sentiment is wonderful the side panel is a perfect contrast to the rest of the card. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hello Barb, what a gorgeous card - so delicate and delightful . Thank you for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia xx

Anne said...

Another super card Barb, this looks so classy and elegant!
Thank you for your LIM entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

This is such a pretty card... what a delicate image.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Barb :) Viv xx

Kailash said...

I absolutely adore this card, simply gorgeous!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my WOW, love how the panel pops!