Sunday, February 2, 2014

Be Mine

***Hi everyone ~  I've been concerned over the past several days because I haven't received email messages for many of your Blog posts...well, suddenly the light went on, and I checked my 'Spam Folder', and lo and behold...there they are! Please forgive me if I haven't visited your blog...I promise to get caught up asap!
My sincere apologies to all!


This week, the Less Is More Challenge Blog is celebrating their 3rd birthday, and the theme for the current challenge is 'Rainbow’. Adding to the fun, the code word this week at Addicted to CAS Challenge Blog is 'Love’.  So, being the 'Challenge Junkie’ that I am, my card is a rainbow of love in the form of hearts! I would also like to enter this card into the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge for the theme 'Over the Edge'.

 


Here's a close-up of all the shine on the heart and sparkle on the die cut sentiment:

 
I die cut the banner dies in white, then colored a panel behind it with Copics, which creates a very subtle rainbow, but I think the hearts look pretty with bits of color in 'Rainbow Formation' - lol! I used glitter paper for the word ‘Be’, silver embossing powder for 'mine', and coated the heart with glossy accents. I hoped by using vellum for the banner, that the rainbow panel would stand out a bit more.


Thank you so much for stopping by,  I hope everyone is having a great weekend ~ Take care,
Barb
 Less Is More: Photo Inspiration - Rainbow









Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Bee Mine
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Soft Stone; Recollections - Silver Glitter
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Notched Hearts Banners; Simon Says Stamp - ‘Be’, Heart; Lifestyle Crafts - Banners & Arrows
Markers: Copics
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - Silver
Sequins: Simon Says Stamp - Clear (December Card Kit


23 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Barb, I love those rainbow hearts behind the die cut, just fantastic!

Chrissie said...

What a wonderful cascade of hearts Barb, this looks superb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Betty said...

really pretty, Barb! love the cascade of hearts in the rainbow colors!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on the challenges, Barb! I love the rainbow hearts! You attentions to details rally show through on this one :)

Susanne Vargas said...

I love your card from the spray of rainbow hearts to the vellum banner to the sparkly and silver sentiment to the glossy heart! Just gorgeous!

Barb said...

I love this, Barb! Your rainbow of hearts on the banner is so pretty - what a clever idea for this challenge! It turned out beautifully!

Deepti said...

Beautiful rainbow colors, I love those tiny hearts :) and the glittered sentiment is wow. Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS!!

Kanan Pandya said...

This is so cute, Barb. Love the banner with all the rainbow colors and cute hearts. Silver sentiment with red heart is perfect touch. :-)

Greta said...

Oh wow--love this card, Barb! Great design!

Loll said...

Fabulous design Barb. Love the rainbow of hearts! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Barb. I love the effect you got with the hearts.

Hannelie said...

Gorgeous card Barb!

lostinpaper said...

Such a clever take on the inspiration Barb, LOVE the falling rainbow hearts!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty, Barb! I love the rainbow of tiny hearts floating down that banner!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A brilliant design Barb - love the cascading hearts, and what a gorgeous sentiment banner too.
Thank you for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia x

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty, Barb! Love the rainbow of hearts!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Absolutely fabulous, Barb!

Jean said...

Wonderful combination - the vellum with the die cut banner is perfection!

Unknown said...

Rainbow hearts are my fave!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, lovin your rainbow of love, those tiny weeny hearts are just fab. Thanks so much for your continued support at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Kay Miller said...

Oh goodness Barb this is divine!! I love the cascading rainbow hearts and the silver embossed sentiment on the vellum is lovely! Very pretty card!

Kailash said...

Such a lovely rainbow banner, clever design Barb, love this CAS card!!!

Darnell said...

Barb, this is SOOOOO beautiful! What a wonderful design! I haven't ready the other comments, so maybe someone already told you this, but you could edit your post and add the CAS-ual Fridays challenge of "over the edge!" Your sensational card would work there, too! Hugs, Darnell