Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop Day 4


Hi there blog friends ~ I have 2 more cards to share today!

My first card was inspired by Shari Carroll’s videos in Monday’s class, and it’s a fairly literal interpretation of one her cards. I wanted to add some texture to the card, so I embossed the front panel with my Impression Plate, then  stamped my Lawn Fawn tree stamps from the ‘Let it Snow’ set with Hero Arts Shadow Inks. I added a strip of cardstock and patterned paper, then embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder. Fianlly, I added my Lawn Fawn snowflake sequins and tied off the small stamped panel with twine. 



 

 

For my 2nd card, I inked up my brand new Hero Arts Patterned Snow stamp with Versamark, then inked it with Pool shadow ink and heat set with clear embossing powder it to give a little shine. I embossed the background with the large snowflake stamp from Lawn Fawn and embossed it in white, then added some sequins...and it was done!

I would like to enter this card in the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge








I hope everyone is doing well ~ We have another class at Holiday Card Workshop today, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us...every class has been excellent so far! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb



Let it Snow- Lawn Fawn
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Let it Snow
Ink: Versamark; Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Soft Pool, Tide Pool, Pool, Mint Julep
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White; Bazzill Card Shoppe - Icy Mint
Patterned Paper: American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Sketchbook
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Linen & Canvas
Sequins: Lawn Fawn - Snowflakes
Twine: Hemptique


Let it Snow - Hero Arts
Stamps: Hero Arts - Patterned Snow; Lawn Fawn - Let it Snow
Ink: Versamark; Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Pool
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, Aqua Mist, Vellum
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - Clear, White
Gems: Neat & Tangled - Pearl Satin

9 comments:

Kim Hall said...

Barb both cards a beautiful, just adore the snow sentiment on your second card!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Barb. I must agree this class is one of the best so far... Loving what everyone is creating and your cards are delightful.

Barb said...

I'm lovin' this class too, Barb! You would definitely get an A+ for these two cards! Beautifully done!

Darnell said...

Fantastic job, Barb!! I think those impression plates are dynamite! I love them both, but your first card is so fresh and crisp and the colors just scream happy!! Hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

Fab cards, Barb! Love the texture on the first one and I adore that stamp on the second!

Jean said...

These are both wonderful - I do really like that texture on the first card.

Rosemary said...

another really cute set of cards, barb... I think the one with the tag is my favorite, though!

lostinpaper said...

Amazing Barb, looks like you are having a blast at these classes!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards Barb, love those blue/greens!